Directions to WOODS on Pender
Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost
BC Ferries is the most common transportation route to the Southern Gulf Islands. With regularly scheduled sailings, you can enjoy the sights while you sail to Pender Island. The ferries accommodate cars, trucks, motorcycles, bikes and walk-on passengers. Reservations are always recommended, especially on the direct Pender Island ferries.
BC Ferries to Pender Island (Otter Bay Terminal)
BC Ferries is the most common method to travel to Pender Island and can accommodate cars, trucks, motorcycles, bikes, and walk-on passengers. Reservations are always recommended, especially on the direct Pender Island ferries.
NOTE: Pender Taxi has been replaced with Lightning Taxi but it currently only operates on weekends. 250-629-2222.
We recommend that you come prepared with a vehicle to transport yourself to and from WOODS.
Vancouver (TSAWWASSEN) >> Pender Island (Otter Bay)
This ferry makes stops at Galiano and/or Mayne Islands depending on the season. In the summer there is one direct non-stop ferry per day.
A one-way trip is about 2.15 hours. The direct ferry is just over an hour. Reservations are always recommended, especially in peak periods.
Victoria (Swartz Bay) >> Pender Island (Otter Bay)
Most sailings are direct, though some will stop at Galiano or Mayne Island.
A one-way direct trip is about 40 minutes. No reservations allowed so first come first on. Peak periods require earlier arrival times.
Pender Island (Otter Bay Terminal) to WOODS on Pender
- Head northwest on Otter Bay Ferry Terminal toward MacKinnon Rd (280m)
- Slight right onto MacKinnon Rd (600m)
- Continue onto Otter Bay Rd (1.5km)
- Turn left to stay on Otter Bay Rd (500m)
- Turn right onto Bedwell Harbour Rd (2.4km)
- Continue onto Canal Rd (1.2km)
- WOODS on Pender will be on your right
VIA LIGHTNING TAXI
We have a new EV Taxi Company on Pender that has started up. Lightning Taxi currently only runs on Saturdays and Sundays but should be extending to more days as the season progresses.
VIA CAR STOPS
There are Car Stops around Pender including one just up from the ferry terminal as well as one right out front of WOODS. They are a series of stops that residents pick up passengers around the Island (legal hitchhiking).
Other Travel Options
- Seair runs regularly scheduled service to Port Washington on South Pender Island.
GULF ISLANDS WATER TAXI
- Departs on regular school days from Ganges Harbour, Salt Spring Island.
ISLAND WATER TAXI
- Provides 7-day, 24 hour service between Sidney and the Southern Gulf Islands.